Thursday, June 14, 2007

I'm Gravity, Pulling you down, Planting Your feet back on the ground

I'm not in a good mood. It's to cold to be myself. I'm always shivering.
Sometimes we take chances,
Sometimes we take pills
Something feels good for a while, but my life is like gravity, my happiness will head towards the stars, but then what goes up must come down.
I had to find you,
To tell you I need you
I've retreated back into my shell, and nothing can coax me out. I've curled up into a ball, trying to be as insignificant and small as I can be in this world. I'm shivering, guessing as I stumble my way through this darkness, feeling along the walls, blind.
I don't know what I've done,
I don't know if I like who I've become
I'm running in a circle, chasing my tail, trampling everyone as I do.
I thought love was black and white,
What was wrong and what was right
I wrote a poem, the words were a long string floating out from a hole in my heart, a hole you pentrated to roll across the pages.
Jump in my car, We'll go 100 around the bends
We'll take this road until get back to the start
I can feel my heart shivering in my head.
Grow tall, sugarcane
eat the soil, drink the rain
But know, they'll chase you if you play little games
So run fast, sugarcane
You better run fast
You are my sunshine, warming me, and burning me out of habit. You crawl through my window, into my room to watch me sleep. My blanket of shadows tightens around me, but you chase the darkness away, and give me back my life.
We moved together
Like a ball and a chain
minds becoming to halves of the same
it was real but in the shadows it grew
You whispered your feelings into my ear into the darkness, my lover, my source of joy.
Nobody said it was easy
It's such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was easy
No one said it would be this hard
I love you too.

No comments: